Application Engineer – Automotive Assembly Automation
Expanding global supplier of assembly, testing, and welding equipment for the Automotive and Non-Automotive industries.
We are seeking an Application Engineer with a strong Manufacturing or Design Engineering background in Assembly Automation to support automotive sales in our South East Michigan headquarters. Must have Chassis and Suspension Module experience.
The Application Engineering position requires a strong Manufacturing or Design Engineering background and understanding of Automotive Assembly Automation systems with special focus on module assembly. Utilize standards, specifications and line-up information presented by the customer to develop competitive proposals. Develop and maintain strong business and customer relationships improving the reputation with key customer/account stakeholders. The prospective candidate will learn all aspects of sales and proposals functions: technical understanding of equipment, processing, cost estimation, pricing and customer interface items.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be able to disseminate the customer’s Technical Specifications and the manufacturing feasibility of customer requested processes/applications. Ability to propose required equipment and processes to meet customer requirements.
- Be trusted and respected by the Customer.
- Provide regular follow-up with customers both current and future to establish consistent communication.
- Have the ability to develop a technical proposal detailing assembly automation major processes. Ability to refine the major processes to include the detail component level requirements to complete a turn-key system capturing all costs.
- Once trained by Company personnel, prepare cost proposals utilizing elements of cost provided by Operations, QA, Purchasing, Engineering, and Finance. Prepare a cost roll-up of the entire process capturing materials, labor and overhead.
- Develop the skill to create an assembly automated process, cost estimate and a RFQ response to the customer.
- Coordinate the receipt of CAD data and drawings. And be proficient in AutoCAD enough to prepare system layouts.
- Define and obtain all engineering information required for project design completion.
- Support the development (Eventually be able to provide) of highly competitive technical process proposals and associated cost roll-up by coordinating with our internal departments and the customer for the following: customer requirements, technical feasibility, process competitiveness, and cost competitiveness.
- Provide concept sketches, reference drawings and all required information for design personnel.
- Assist/aid design personnel assigned to designated projects.
- Verify assembly, test & material handling system processes based on cycle time, cost, and product quality.
- After award, prepare sales orders, internal department kick-off documents and change tracking documents as required per project.
Ideal experience and skills:
- Experienced in assembly, test and automated material handling manufacturing and/or Mechanical Design.
- Strong Manufacturing Engineering background in Assembly Automation specializing in module assembly (Suspension modules are primary).
- Other tier 1 automotive assembly areas include: headliners, sunroofs, front end modules, instrument panels, test and automated material handling.
- Ability to interface appropriately with engineering, manufacturing and project management
- Team player that is able to communicate effectively to all levels in organization.
- Aggressive and results oriented with record of proven performance.
- Effective inter personal skills with employees, management and customers.
- Technically competent (Assembly Automation) with good judgment and analytical skills.
- Energetic, proactive, able to motivate others, and strong work ethic.
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity, personal moral character, and business ethical conduct
- Understanding of customer application requirements and process selection to meet them
- Coordination of technical proposal from concept to final detailed cost roll-up
- Knowledgeable in all Sales related Business process with emphasis on technical proposal development processes
- Strong presentation, planning and organization skills
Education: BSME/BSMET and 5 years of relevant experience OR 8+ years of relevant industry experience. A college degree is preferred but not required.
Qualified candidate please send your resume to email@example.com that will be held in confidence until we speak and agree to move forward.
Manager Talent Acquisition
Sr. Executive Technical Recruiter
586-772-6452 X 119
Shelby Township, Michigan 48315
APPLY FOR JOB